The Contented Company
Plastic Free Toockies Circulation Glove, by Lavinia
Regular price £10.75
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
A plastic-free, organic cotton, hand-knitted circulation glove for gentle and effective peeling of the face and body. These gloves are a fantastic plastic-free alternative to scrubbing exfoliating cremes, which contain micro-plastic and come in plastic packaging.
This Toockies circulation-glove exfoliates gently and easy dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, leaving it soft and refreshed. It is hand made of GOTS certified, organic, raw cotton, which provides the mild abrasive effect.
The glove is made of raw and untreated plant materials and therefore compostable and biodegradable. However, it is durable and machine washable, and can be re-used for a long time.
- All Toockies products are Fairtrade certified.
- When we purchase the cotton yarn from the mill in India, we receive a certificate with a Control Union stamp, the cotton is GOTS certified Fairtrade.
- The women who participate in this project is taught how to knit at a local community centre, where a bathroom has been built just for them.
- The knitters take home a little roll of yarn, and once a week they drop off finished products, where a quality check is facilitated.
- There is a doctor present who are giving the knitters and their children a free check up.
- Handmade in India by women in a Fairtrade project, managed by a local NGO called “Promise Charitable Trust”
More from this collection