Plastic Free Solid Facial Cleansers, by Lamazuna
Make your bathroom even more plastic-free, with these zero waste, vegan Solid Facial Cleansers by Lamazuna. Available in:
- Exotic - for normal skin
- Grapefruit - for oily skin
- Hibiscus - for dry / sensitive skin
Cleansing the face is an essential step in your daily beauty routine, to rid skin of impurities and keep it squeaky clean! The Exotic cleanser always leaves your face looking fresher and more radiant.
The Grapefruit facial cleanser works to deeply and gently cleanse your skin every day! The oily skin formula helps to remove impurities and excess sebum, and unblock pores, leaving skin clean and moisturised.
The Hibisucus cleanser works to soothe and hydrate even the driest and most sensitive skin. It leaves skin feeling perfectly moisturized, soft, smooth and nourished, but doesn’t leave a greasy film!
- 100% natural ingredients - Sulphate, Pthalate and Palm Oil free
- Vegan & Cruelty Free - confirmed by PETA
- Compostable & Biodegradable
- 100% Plastic Free
- Zero Waste
- Made in France
- Not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women, or children under 3 years, due to the presence of essential oils.
Usage: Morning and/or evening, moisten the cloud and rub it gently in between wet hands produce a fine, creamy lather, like you would do a standard soap bar. Then massage the lather over your face before rinsing thoroughly with clean water.
A bit about the botanical ingredients that make up this solid cleanser...
- Sodium cocoyl isethionate: surfactant derived from coconut oil; gives a soft and creamy lather.
- Stearic acid / palmitic acid (vegetable stearin)**: these waxy substances are used as thickening agents and are found naturally in plant oils. Contrary to what its name may suggest, palmitic acid does not necessarily come from palm oil. In this case, these two ingredients are derived from olive oil.
- Cocos nucifera oil*: coconut oil, used for its nourishing action.
- Prunus amygdalus dulcis oil*: sweet almond oil, protects and nourishes the skin without clogging pores.
- Decyl glucoside: gentle surfactant derived from coconut, used as a cleansing agent and for its foaming properties.
- Fragrance**: from naturally derived ingredients.
- Gardenia jasminoides fruit extract/maltodextrin**: gardenia extract used for its skincare benefits! It uses a natural plant- based sugar as a carrier.
- Tocopherol/helianthus annuus seed oil**: plant-derived antioxidant ( Vitamin E), prevents the oxidation of botanical oils and essential oils; diluted in sunflower oil to make it easier to use.
And the mineral ingredients too...
- Aqua: water, used as a solvent.
- Kaolin**: white clay with purifying and deep-cleansing properties.
- Illite**: yellow clay, used for its absorbent and mattifying properties.
* ingredient from organic farming
** naturally derived ingredient
*** naturally present in the essential oils
Packaging: Cardboard box only, printed with vegetable inks - biodegradable and recyclable
In 2010, Laëtitia Van de Walle had a lightbulb moment… Why was she using five disposable cotton pads and a cleansing lotion every day? Surely it would be better to use simple, ultra-soft, microfibre cleansing wipes that could be reused hundreds of times! The Lamazuna adventure was about to begin…
As for the brand's name, the idea came from Laëtitia's housemate at the time, Nika, who was from Georgia. "Lamazuna" means "pretty young woman" in Georgian!
To read more about the Lamazuna story, and products, head to our Lamazuna 2019 Catalogue.
More from this collection