Reusable Menstrual Cup, by Lamazuna
Lamazuna’s Menstrual Cup is a zero waste alternative to tampons and sanitary towels (which have a massive impact on the environment). By cleaning the cup after each use, the Menstrual Cup will last for many years – up to 10!
Made of 100% medical grade, hypo-allergenic silicone, it is used in a similar way to a tampon, but can be kept in the body for longer. It is latex free, phthalate free, BPA free (Bisphenol A), free from whitening agents, soft and easy to clean. Its quality and durability is significantly better than those made of conventional silicone.
Lamazuna's Menstrual Cups are made in Vaucluse in France.
They are available in two sizes:
Size 1 (Diameter: 42 mm, length: 47 mm, capacity: 23 ml) - Suitable for women over 30 years, who experience light menstrual cycles, and have not given birth naturally. This size is also suitable for very petite women.
Size 2 (Diameter: 46 mm, length: 52 mm, capacity: 30 ml) - Suitable for women who have given birth naturally or tall women of medium or strong build.
Directions for Use:
- Sterilise the cup before and after each use by boiling it in water for a few minutes.
- Fold the cup to insert: Press the upper rim of the cup and hold steady with your finger when inserting the cup. Do not insert the cup too deeply – place it as low down as it will comfortably sit (much lower down than a tampon).
- The cup will unfold once inserted creating a slight vacuum, ensuring that the cup is perfectly positioned.
- The first time you use, you may need to trim the stem.
- After 4-8 hours, the cup must be removed.
- Wash your hands, then gently pull at the stem of the cup until the base of the cup becomes visible. Then pinch together the base of the cup to release the vacuum suction.
- Dispose of the contents in the toilet and rinse the cup or wipe clean with a cloth. Then insert the cup again.
If you use an IUD, ask your gynaecologist to cut the string as short as possible and press one side of your cup to remove the suction effect before pulling it outward. This is to prevent disturbance of the IUD when removing the cup.
Materials: 100% medical grade silicone
Packaging: Comes with an organic pouch, made in India; cardboard wrapper - compostable, biodegradable or recyclable
In 2010, Laëtitia Van de Walle had a lightbulb moment… Why was she using five disposable cotton pads and a cleansing lotion every day? Surely it would be better to use simple, ultra-soft, microfibre cleansing wipes that could be reused hundreds of times! The Lamazuna adventure was about to begin…
As for the brand's name, the idea came from Laëtitia's housemate at the time, Nika, who was from Georgia. "Lamazuna" means "pretty young woman" in Georgian!
To read more about the Lamazuna story, and products, head to our Lamazuna 2019 Catalogue.
More from this collection