Solid Shampoo, by Lamazuna
Lamazuna zero waste Solid Shampoos are handmade in France, from natural ingredients and are palm-oil free. They are plastic free (and therefore BPA free), eco-friendly, sustainable cruelty-free and 100% vegan.
They come in a range of fragrances and for a range of hair-types - you are sure to find the shampoo to suit you. Despite their small size, they are very effective - you will need to wash your hair less, and so they last longer.
(Product options available are:
Dry Hair - Orange (with essential oils)
Dry Hair - Vanilla & Coconut (without essential oils)
- Oily Hair - Lemon (with essential oils)
- Oily Hair - Wild Herbs (without essential oils)
- Normal Hair - Scotch Pine (with essential oils)
- Normal Hair - Chocolate (without essential oils)
- Normal Hair - Orange, Cinnamon & Star Anise (with essential oils)
The packaging is totally plastic-free, coming simply in a recyclable cardboard box.
- 100% natural ingredients - Sulphate, Pthalate and Palm Oil free
- Vegan & Cruelty Free - confirmed by PETA
- Compostable & Biodegradable
- 100% Plastic Free
- Zero Waste
- Made in France
- For the shampoos containing essential oils, they are not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women, or children under 3 years.
- Wet your hair
- Hold the solid shampoo in your hand and wet in the shower or bath water
- Rub the wet shampoo on your wet hair and work into a lather
- Work your way around your scalp so that you've applied evenly around your head
- Then put the shampoo to one side and use your fingers to work the shampoo into a full lather
- Rinse thoroughly - the suds from the shampoo bar may not slide off your hair as easily as those from a liquid shampoo.
- If you are new to solid shampoo, or are in a hard water area, i would also recommend having a go at rinsing your scalp and hair with Apple Cider Vinegar after using rinsing out the shampoo suds.
- The Apple Cider Vinegar helps with pH balance, de-tangles, and adds softness, plus it has an added benefit of being a natural treatment for dandruff and forms of dermatitis.
- You can google 'recipes' for different ratios of vinegar to water to try - and I add a couple of drops of essential oil to mine too.
- I put mine in a glass spray bottle, but you can just make yours and pour over your head and let cover the ends of your hair. I find it's a real game changer in terms of cleanliness and softness of my hair.
Ingredients: Sodiumcocoylisethioniate, Morrocanlavaclay, Decylglucoside*, Cocosnuciferaoil*, Stearicacid, Illite, Glycerin*, Litseacubebafruitoil*, Citral*, Geraniol*, Citronellol,
*= certified organic
Packaging: Cardboard box only, printed with vegetable inks - biodegradable and recyclable
In 2010, Laëtitia Van de Walle had a lightbulb moment… Why was she using five disposable cotton pads and a cleansing lotion every day? Surely it would be better to use simple, ultra-soft, microfibre cleansing wipes that could be reused hundreds of times! The Lamazuna adventure was about to begin…
As for the brand's name, the idea came from Laëtitia's housemate at the time, Nika, who was from Georgia. "Lamazuna" means "pretty young woman" in Georgian!
To read more about the Lamazuna story, and products, head to our Lamazuna 2019 Catalogue.