The Contented Company
Toockies Circulation Glove, by Lavinia
Regular price £10.50
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
An organic, hand-knitted circulation glove for gentle and effective peeling of the face and body. These gloves are a fantastic plastic-free alternative to scrubbing exfoliating cremes containing micro-plastic and plastic packaging.
- Toockies circulation-glove exfoliates gently and easy dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, leaving it soft and refreshed
- The gloves are made of raw and untreated plant materials and therefore compostable and biodegradable
- They are durable and machine washable
- This glove is hand made of GOTS certified, organic, raw cotton, which provides the mild abrasive effect.
- All Toockies products are Fairtrade certified.
- When we purchase the cotton yarn from the mill in India, we receive a certificate with a Control Union stamp, the cotton is GOTS certified Fairtrade.
- The women who participate in this project is taught how to knit at a local community centre, where a bathroom has been built just for them.
- The knitters take home a little roll of yarn, and once a week they drop off finished products, where a quality check is facilitated.
- There is a doctor present who are giving the knitters and their children a free check up.
- Handmade in India by women in a Fairtrade project, managed by a local NGO called “Promise Charitable Trust”