Toockies Exfoliating Cloth, by Lavinia
The exfoliating cloth is a fantastic plastic-free alternative to scrubbing cremes containing micro-plastic and plastic packaging. An organic, hand-knitted exfoliating cloth for gentle and effective exfoliation of the face and body.
This cloth is made of raw and untreated plant materials and is therefore biodegradable. It is a very durable and long lasting product.
- All Toockies products are Fairtrade certified.
- When we purchase the cotton yarn from the mill in India, we receive a certificate with a Control Union stamp, the cotton is GOTS certified Fairtrade.
- The women who participate in this project is taught how to knit at a local community centre, where a bathroom has been built just for them.
- The knitters take home a little roll of yarn, and once a week they drop off finished products, where a quality check is facilitated.
- There is a doctor present who are giving the knitters and their children a free check up.
- Handmade in India by women in a Fairtrade project, managed by a local NGO called “Promise Charitable Trust”