Toockies Scrubbers, by Lavinia
TOOCKIES are a fantastic plastic-free alternative to your usual plastic sponge / scourer. Toockies scrubbers are made of raw and untreated GOTS organic cotton and natural jute plant fibres, and is therefore compostable and biodegradable.They can be used on pots, pans, sinks, bathrooms and even to clean your vegetables. They are non abrasive and non scratching. The cloths are very durable and machine washable.
These products are handmade under Fairtrade conditions near Kolkata in India. Each product has the name of the knitter attached. All products are not tested on animals and vegan.
Toockies Scrubbers considers all ethical aspects by being organic, Fairtrade and sustainable from cradle to cradle. Size: APPROX 19 x 19 CM
- All Toockies products are Fairtrade certified.
- When we purchase the cotton yarn from the mill in India, we receive a certificate with a Control Union stamp, the cotton is GOTS certified Fairtrade.
- The women who participate in this project is taught how to knit at a local community centre, where a bathroom has been built just for them.
- The knitters take home a little roll of yarn, and once a week they drop off finished products, where a quality check is facilitated.
- There is a doctor present who are giving the knitters and their children a free check up.
- Handmade in India by women in a Fairtrade project, managed by a local NGO called “Promise Charitable Trust”